Monday, June 8, 2009

Yay! I got a new job!

I am so excited! I got a new job after being out of work for about 6 months. I was trying to find something that I really wanted, but since nobody was hiring, I figured that some income from anywhere was better than nothing coming in at all. It is kind of scary though. My first impressions of my store manager are not that great: I saw him 3 days in a row and the same uniform shirt just was dirtier and dirtier! I know that my expectations for a clean uniform in a restaurant is better than that! Lol! I may not like it that much, but I see it as an opportunity. Maybe after I have been there a few weeks, I will have the guts to say something about it and to show what I really think, but then that puts me in the position of being a leader again. I don't know if I want to do that for a restaurant again because all they do is suck you in and then spit you right back out.

Next Wednesday, I have an interview with my dream job: being a liquor store clerk. Don't knock it: it is a state job, with benefits, and it pays $11.35 an hour to start, and triple time holiday pay! The only thing that I don't like about it is that it is on call and it is temporary and part time...grrr! But at least it is a shot to get my foot in the door with a good company. I have the opportunity to move up and use my skills from my Bachelor's Business Management Degree program into use.

Granted, I could do that with the restaurant job too, but I don't want to work for a restaurant for the rest of my life when I know that they will not appreciate me or think about my family. The last restaurant job I had worked, I had been there for over 10 years, and they used me until I snapped at my family. I think that it was a blessing in disquise when they let me go...I got to know my beautiful daughter and got her potty-trained. I am more relaxed and happy. Now, I just need to keep that and remember that for when I am working at this new job. I don't like who I become when I am working a job that I don't like. I hope that I can stay happy in whatever job I decide to do and that I don't lose myself within the job. I end up putting my heart and soul into everything that I do, and sometimes it is very hard to say no to something. But I am bound and determined to make this work! At least this job, I am not allergic to, like when I tried to deliver newspapers...lol!

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful news and a positive outlook.
    good luck with the wednesday interview
    where some lucky earrings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you good luck on your dream job interview as well. Everyone should have work that makes them happy! Maybe one day your jewelry business will be able to support you. That I'm sure would be an even bigger dream come true for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete